2023/24 Investment Banking Analyst, Global Banking, Perth
Universum rated us one of the world's most attractive employers in 2017 for the 9th year in a row. We help our talented colleagues answer some of life's questions too – by offering a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment that rewards passion, commitment and success.
Social Media Legal Terms: http://www.ubs.com/social-legal
Job Reference #
- Conduct detailed financial analysis and valuation of mining companies, assets and projects
- Build complex financial models and perform sensitivity analysis to evaluate investment opportunities
- Develop pitch book presentations to explain industry trends, discuss client options and recommend strategies to meet client goals
- Assist in the execution of transactions, including due diligence, negotiation and deal structuring
- Conduct industry and market research to support business development and client relationships
- Show determination, effort and enthusiasm to deliver results – take initiative, originate action and keep work flow moving
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience gained from working in investment banking either within a bulge bracket, top tier boutique advisory firm, or accounting firm in a relevant team (M&A, Transaction Diligence, or Valuations / Modelling)
- We are also open to taking university students graduating in 2023 (or who have graduated in 2022) to start in either July 2023 or February 2024
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or a related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with experience in financial modeling and valuation
- Understanding of financial markets, particularly the mining industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with clients, team members and senior executives
- A team player who has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated, results-driven and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
We encourage you to apply for this opportunity as early as you can since we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
In GB, you’ll also benefit from a 4-week curriculum of training that will prepare you for your analyst role so that when you hit your desk you’ll be up to speed on accounting, valuation and modelling. Once on the job, your training will continue through targeted business-specific as well as professional skills training. You’ll also create networks with graduates from across the firm through networking sessions designed to increase your knowledge and expand your contacts.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements