Position Summary and Overview of Accountant role
The Accountant role has primary responsibility for accounting for Leica Biosystems (LBS) New Zealand Sales Unit. The Accountant also has responsibility for supporting the preparation, analysis and integrity of financial statements for LBS Melbourne, along with submission of tax reports.
- Complete ownership of all financial reporting for LBS New Zealand Selling Unit
- Primary responsibilities include financial reporting, account reconciliations, month end journals and general ledger analysis
- SAP key user and expert for LBS ANZ finance team
- Provide support & training to Newcastle UK team on general accounting activities (receivables, payables & payroll)
- Support LBS Melbourne Finance on month end close and other ad-hoc accounting tasks
- Business Partner with Logistics, Supply Chain & Procurement functions
- Business partner with Corporate functions (HR, IT, Finance) on all forecasting & analysis
- Ensure monthly, quarterly & annual SOX tests are achieved.
- Participate and support in yearly audit engagements (Internal & External), including preparation/collection of all documents, updating audit portals and sample testing as required,
- Completion of all tax reports for submission to Danaher APAC tax dept.
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance
- Previous 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in preparation and analysis of financial statements.
- Proven ability to implement a program of continuous process improvement.
- Experience with SAP highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel & MS Word
- Knowledge & experience of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- CA or CPA or studying towards completion
- Effective time management & interpersonal skills.
- Positive & Proactive mindset.
- Professional level of written & verbal communication skills.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to support others
Travel %of Travel, include approximate overnight stays per week
- Travel expectations for this role are Low (<10%)
- This role will be based in Mt Waverley.
- This role will report to the BU Finance Director.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business Systemtools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.