Assistant Store Manager
ALDI operates more than 2,100 store locations across 38 states. That’s just the start. We’re growing faster than ever before. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. That means more opportunities for you to join our award-winning store, warehouse, office and executive teams.
We know our employees are vital to our success. That’s why when you join ALDI, you’ll see how your hard work, commitment and dedication earn you more.
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
To be considered for the role, you’ll need to have previous experience managing and leading a team, possess a strong work ethic and hands-on attitude, and demonstrate initiative to make things happen and deliver results. This is not an office based management role – our Assistant Managers provide practical guidance and support to their teams on a daily basis. Furthermore, no two days are the same at ALDI, so you’ll need to be comfortable with change and dynamic enough to deal with any challenge.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration – $95,000 – $100,600 *
- 45 hours per week contract
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Career opportunities to progress to Store Manager in our rapidly growing store network
- Extensive training in a dynamic retail environment
- Flexible rotating roster- working 5 out of 7 days including weekends and early mornings
- 5 weeks annual leave
- High levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2022, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Complimentary access to MyALDI Wellbeing program giving you support and exclusive benefits in wellness from discounted gym memberships to healthcare plans
- An EAP program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Complimentary access to our Injury Support Program, where you can access free physiotherapy to treat both work and non-work-related aches, pains or niggles**
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Store Manager in driving store sales and achieving targets
- Controlling store costs and losses
- Contributing to all aspects of store operations; serving customers, stacking shelves
- Training and developing team members
- Managing and leading a highly competent team
- Ordering and maintaining stock availability
- Planning and rostering
- Includes superannuation and predicted bonuses. Remuneration will vary depending on contracted hours, location and ALDI experience.
** Conditions apply
More jobs from ALDI:
- Duty Store Manager17 hours ago
- Store Manager1 day ago
- Store Manager1 week ago
- Assistant Store Manager1 week ago
- Executive Manager Buying2 weeks ago
- Buying Analyst2 weeks ago
- Assistant Store Manager
- Team Leader3 weeks ago
- Assistant Store Manager4 months ago