Indigenous Business Australia
Title: Associate Director, Home Lending Position no: 4008
Level: IBA Level 7 ($141,819 – $166,166) Last updated: Dec 2022
Location: Broome Cairns Canberra Darwin Melbourne Perth Sydney Term: Ongoing
Townsville or Wagga Wagga
Program: Housing Solutions
Section: Home Lending
Indigenous Business Australia, partners and invests with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who
want to own their future. We go further than provide money; we invest in people, places and ideas that are
ready. We help make them real. We’re deeply invested in the financial success and economic
independence of Indigenous Australians. It’s why we exist.
We provide a range of services for Indigenous Australians to create wealth and accumulate assets, take
up investment opportunities, create business enterprises that provide additional employment opportunities,
and to purchase homes. We achieve these outcomes by applying a commercial focus, and by building
mutually respectful and productive partnerships with Indigenous Australians, government, non-government
and private sector organisations.
Our staff are invested, informed, responsive, respectful and connected.
The Associate Director, Home Lending reports to the Director, Home Ownership. The role will have
operational responsibility for all home lending and banking operational best practice as well as a key role
in management of staff.
The Associate Director, Home Lending is responsible for the delivery of all home lending activity with a
focus on customer service excellence, staff performance and accountability. Along with the senior
management team, the Associate Director will lead the Program’s customer service practices and staff to
ensure the highest level of services is provided to all customers while ensuring staff performance is
optimised. The position will efficiently manage program risks and compliance with a strong focus on quality
internal service delivery.
The Associate Director will assist the Director in reviewing and setting the strategic direction for the
program and will work closely with the program leadership team including those responsible for product,
policy, Loan Management and Business Development activities.
The Associate Director will act in the Director role from time to time.
Success in the role will be achieved through best practice service delivery and operational excellence and
specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the technical proficiency, staff accountability, performance and lending KPIs;
- Review and inform significant customer service activities and practices;
1800 107 107
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of all lending services;
- Implementation and monitoring of a strong system of internal controls, using best practice
- Leading a culture of exemplary customer service as demonstrated through accountability and
- A strong and proactive approach to continuous improvement;
- Implement and review program strategy and direction; and
- Other duties as required.
Reporting to the Director Home Ownership, the role would be suited to a banking/ finance professional
with a strong track record of quality customer service, strategic management, and people management. A
current understanding of mortgage lending best practice is preferred.
These are essential unless otherwise indicated.
- Display Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural capability.
o Awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and
culture as well as the demonstrated ability to liaise, communicate and negotiate
sensitively and effectively with Indigenous individuals and communities.
o Awareness and understanding of Australian Indigenous issues particularly as they relate
to home ownership.
- Demonstrable success in operational excellence, internal controls, and best practice service
- Strong staff leadership capability including the ability to motivate others to deliver corporate
- An understanding of front-line lending and customer service obligations.
- Commitment to quality customer service and demonstrated ability to build beneficial working
relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and customers.
- Extensive experience in performance management and people development.
- A solid understand of technical banking compliance and regulatory systems.
- Qualifications in accounting, finance, commerce, or related disciplines are desirable; and
- Willingness and ability to undertake regional and remote travel, including overnight absences as
• About Us – Our Values
- About Us – Working at IBA
- About Us – News and Publications – Annual Reports
Further enquiries: email: [email protected]
Applications: email to [email protected]
- Application Coversheet
- Cover letter, maximum 800 words, addressing your motivation for the role, and your
claims against the Required Capabilities
Closing date: 10 April 2023