Orange City Council
Grade: T4 – T10
Weekly Hours: 35
Weekly Salary: starting at $764.98 (T4)
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
Be paid to study! In line with Council’s Educational Assistance Policy you will be eligible for a paid study day every 2 weeks
Forget about course fees! As a Council Cadet we will cover the course fees associated with the successful completion of your subjects
Enjoy Flexible Working Arrangements! We can work around your Uni timetable or include rostered days off!
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 700 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange Community. Our aim – to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
In this position you will be involved in a structured development program on a rotational basis including Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Revenue Accounting and Rates while also completing your undergraduate degree. Outside of these areas you will also be responsible for relieving in positions within the Finance section as required, supporting daily banking processes and responding to enquiries from internal and external customers.
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the position description.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- To be enrolled in a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) or an equivalent approved course ORbe eligible to enrol in a Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- To be interested in pursuing a career in accounting and have an understanding of key accounting concepts
- Have the ability to study your degree by distance
- To be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Course Fee
- Ability to Obtain a Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
If you are interested, please click Apply. A cover letter is not required, however, there are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. You can also save and return to your job application at any time prior to the closing date.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Chief Financial Officer, Veronica Webb on 6393 8270.
Applications close Sunday 2 April 2023
- Please note: Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment an eligibility list may be created to fill the same or an equivalent role that may become vacant over the next twelve months.