Carer | Bull Creek | Morning Shifts
Work type:Part time
Amana Living is one of Western Australia’s largest not-for-profit providers of transition, aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
We are currently looking for an experienced, multi skilled Carer to join the Residential Care team at our Bull Creek facility.
This role is offered on a permanent part-time basis, 60hrs per fortnight and you must be able to commit to all the shifts listed below to be considered for the position.
Weeks 1 & 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday (0800-1300)
- Support resident’s physical, social, emotional, psychological, and spiritual wellbeing through individualised care delivery
- Assist with resident’s care needs in line with their care plan
- Collaborate with team members to promote a harmonious working environment
- Support and advocate the rights of older people
- Assist with personal hygiene, showering and toileting
- Assist with activities of daily living, dressing and grooming
- Assist at meal times including feeding
- Administer medication
As a Carer you will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and be responsible for the delivery of personal care and assistance to meet individual needs. You will deliver homely and loving environments by providing care with compassion, integrity and dignity. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering Amana Living’s award winning model of care and be committed to making a real difference to residents’ quality of life.
- Certificate III in Aged Care with relevant experience within the Aged Care industry
- Effective communication skills and the ability to develop understanding relationships with residents
- Previous experience administering medications
- Valid Police Clearance no older than 6 months (or ability to obtain at interview stage)
- NDIS Screen Check (or willingness to obtain at interview stage)
- Evidence of Flu (2022) and Covid Vaccinations (including Booster if eligible)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- Willingness to attend a paid 5-day (Monday to Friday) induction at our Rivervale Training Institute
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career, we also offer industry leading pay rates and a range of other benefits:
- Employment with a leading aged care provider in a growing sector
- Attractive rates of pay and the ability to salary package up to $18,550 per annum
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank
- Opportunity to study nationally accredited courses in Aged Care
HOW TO APPLY
If you can commit to the days/hours listed above and meet the Essential Criteria, please with a copy of your resume. Interviewing and shortlisting will commence immediately!
Advertised:11 Mar 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
More jobs from Amana Living:
- Registered Nurse | Lesmurdie | Night ShiftsAustralia1 week ago
- Registered Nurse | Lesmurdie | Afternoon ShiftsAustralia1 week ago
- Enrolled Nurse | Lesmurdie | Day ShiftAustralia1 week ago