Chemical Analysis Division, Business Development Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
If you’re looking for a career opportunity where you can build your future, you’ll discover that, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. And we all contribute to a singular Mission—To enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What story will you tell? Explore our opportunities at jobs.thermofisher.com and join our team.
Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry-leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research, clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and significant impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join our Sales & Marketing team with an unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) provides a diverse mix of analytical instruments and associated services to a broad range of end user markets including Safety & Security, Environmental, Food Safety, Energy, Mining, Life Science Manufacturing and Recycling, to name a few. Its instruments are deployed in the field and on the line, in challenging environments where customers put a premium on robustness, reliability and ease of use. They allow them to make decisions where they operate and streamline their businesses. CAD is a sophisticated division with a global footprint, broad product portfolio and diverse customer base.
What you will do:
Develop new and expand existing business relationships with key opinion leaders in the industry to grow market awareness and share and achieve sales targets within the Australia and New Zealand sales region. You will engage with engineering procurement and construction (EPC) companies, mining company head offices, and mine sites. Working within a multifaceted regional team as well as the global Marketing and sales teams to identify and provide reliable solutions to our customers, to enable them to improve recoveries and profitability, while reducing waste in their process and operations.
- Actively build relationships with key opinion leaders and end user companies to ensure we in project tenders
- Proactively visit and present to EPC’s, head offices, mine sites to enable understanding of our products and value proposition
- Stay up to date with the industry trends
- Ensure that the sales pipeline is filled with opportunities at various stages of the sales cycle through proactively interacting with the market to generate new opportunities.
- Conduct informative seminars, workshops, tradeshows to highlight our value proposition.
- Development and implementation of strategic plan in alignment with the Company goal tree.
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans and participate in strategic marketing campaigns to drive product and brand awareness.
- Manage and respond to tender requests improve our bookings from Greenfields projects
- Collaborate with other regionally based Sales team members to improve our success in cross regional projects
- Provide monthly booking forecasts in line with bookings targets
- Deliver Sales of Minerals Product to exceed the AOP
- Ensure that opportunities and leads are pursued in a timely manner
- Manage contract review process
- Maintain a database of key mine sites across key minerals
- Work with technical resources to identify the optimum solution for the customer and the Company.
- Proactively promote new products and solutions to the customer base
- Develop a New Customer Target plan
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Ensure that at least 70% of time is spent having face to face interactions with the Customers
To be successful in this role, you will also need to:
- Maintain opportunity records in SFDC
- Participate in global calls and meetings to share experiences, best practises, and learn from other team members
- Collaborate with operations personnel to handover executable orders
- Work closely with the service team to ensure satisfaction from your customers
Key Performance Metrics:
- Meet or exceed AOP for CAD Mining products
- Accuracy and weekly updates of SFDC data
- EPC Portal participation (Downloads)
- Pipeline Growth – New Customer
How you will get here:
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology, metallurgy, or process engineering fields.
- 2-4 years of business development, sales product specialist and capital project sales experience within relevant field application technology and/or instruments.
- Experience developing strategic plans to implement commercial growth drivers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Track record of delivering results through product adoption and development
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Financial skills used in a selling environment to demonstrate return on investment
- Ability to thrive in an ambitious, autonomous environment