Claims - Technical Specialist
That’s why, as a business, we’re solely focused on life insurance. And we’re proud to say it’s something we do very well.
Our time and energy is spent creating the kinds of products and services our customers value. Those that make life insurance simpler, better value and easier for more Australians to obtain.
So whether you're an adviser, a business, a super fund or a regular person - no matter what your insurance needs - talk to us. We've got you covered.
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about. We want to grow with you. Achieve with you. And support you to do your best work. That’s why we’re focused on developing leadership, promoting diversity, rewarding excellence and retaining great talent.
We’re always looking for people who want to go further with us. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart. Why not see where we can go?
The Lead Technical Specialist is responsible for leading the Technical Specialists team in providing technical advice, guidance and support to the Claims team on technical assessment and case management matters, to assist in reaching desired claims durations and outcomes in line with the terms and conditions of the policy. A key focus of the role is to optimise assessment quality within the Income Protection, Life, Trauma and TPD portfolios and support Claims Consultants to build their capability in line with the TAL claims capability and delegated authority frameworks. This includes development of processes, tools, guidelines or other resource to support assessment of the claims.
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role within Life Insurance or 5 years’ experience as a Life Insurance Claims Manager or similar
- Experience in coaching and embedding knowledge, including an uplift of skills of case managers.
- Experience in process improvement and projects.
- Excellent Knowledge of the Life Insurance Code of Practice, Insurance Contracts Act, Privacy Principles and other relevant legislative or regulative requirements and their application during claims assessment.
- Ability to identify and develop strategies to overcome barriers in claims assessment and management.
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing. • Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide range of clients and stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Health or Allied Health (desirable). • Diploma or Cert IV in Life Insurance, or equivalent (desirable).
You’re always accountable for your actions. You never give up. You strive to find the best outcomes for customers and partners. And you value working together to find the best solutions for problems.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We don’t just say it; we do it. We offer a workplace that’s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers.
We know the value of having different people from all walks of life, with varied points of view and attributes regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with. We strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace where a sense of belonging encourages people to bring their full selves to work.
Everyone at TAL has a responsibility to do the right thing and is accountable for the way they conduct themselves. Our expectations are that you follow the principles set out in our Code of Conduct when you come to work every day. Risk management is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are already a TAL employee please apply via the SmartRecruiters button in Workday and navigate to the Employee Portal. This is important to ensure that your application is recorded accurately.