Mort & Co Limited
Mort & Co is seeking expressions of interest for the highly esteemed Commodity Manager position. Operating from the head office in Toowoomba, this integral, multifaceted role will be responsible for managing the end-to-end process of feed commodity procurement and execution for Mort & Co’s feed mills and manufacturing facilities.
Reporting to the CFO, this role has a strong focus on gathering market intelligence and identifying appropriate price and liquidity risk management strategies. The role will require a strong understanding of bid/offer formulation, circulation and subsequent purchase transactions. This position requires advanced negotiation skills and the ability to build strong networks and relationships with industry participants.
Operating as an increasingly valuable part of the Mort & Co management team, the Commodity Manager position provides Mort & Co an internal expert on commodity markets and is charged with providing relevant analysis and recommendations to upper management on initiatives to save cost or increase margins. Managing a small dynamic team, the role will also oversee delivery schedules, logistics controls as well as inventory forecasting and storage levels to ensure our integrated supply chain maintains maximum efficiency and quality across all our operational sites.
Mort & Co is a revolutionary agricultural company that supports many state-of-the-art facilities across its network that contribute to the integrated vertical supply chain for which we have grown from the ground up over 25 years in the agricultural industry. Mort and Co prides itself on its inclusive companywide culture, the highest stringent standards in animal welfare and being a true industry leader in agriculture.
Grow with us, be part of our story.
Our perfect candidate will have:
- proven experience and knowledge of feed commodity markets including trading multiple commodities and identifying risk mitigation strategies in the agricultural sector
- a proactive approach to identifying and recommending initiatives designed to increase value based on sound objective research
- a comprehensive understanding of grain trade Australia (GTA) Trade Rules/Standards and end-to-end business process in procuring and executing feed commodities to delivery
- working knowledge of hedge structures commonly utilised to manage commodity price risk
- high competency in conducting market research as well as interpreting and reporting externally published market analysis and trends
- knowledge in or willingness to learn the nutritional qualities of various feed ingredients and their interaction with cattle nutrition and feeding performance
- commitment to achieving quality in all areas including reporting, effective communication, organisation, record keeping and accurate data processing
- ability to build and foster strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Competitive salary based on the skills and experience of the candidate.
- Performance incentives
- Supportive and inclusive values-based culture with a strong emphasis on workplace, health, and safety
- Professional development and training opportunities to build your skills as a leader in the agriculture sector
- Company phone and laptop
- Company owned vehicle
- Discounted health insurance with MediBank Private
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with an industry-leading company with a rich history of growth and expansion and we look forward to hearing from enthusiastic people who are excited to join the team here at Mort & Co.
To learn more about this rare opportunity, please contact Amelia Booth on 0400 258 143 or [email protected]
Excited to head up a team responsible for managing commodities for a leader in the agricultural sector? APPLY NOW!
Applications close: Monday, 27th March 2023