Credit Management Advisor
Diversity ∙ Innovation ∙ Honesty∙ Teamwork ∙ Wellbeing
Agency Jacana Energy Work Unit Credit Management
Job title Credit Management Advisor Designation Jacana Energy Level 1
Job type Full time Duration Fixed for 12 months
Salary $54,843 – $73,282 Location Alice Springs
Position number 37295 RTF 263953 Closing 10/04/2023
Contact Rose Moore on 08 8936 4783 or [email protected]
Agency information https://www.jacanaenergy.com.au/
Information for applicants Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and an attached resume/cv For further information for applicants and example applications see: OCPE website.
Jacana Energy values diversity in the workplace that represents the community. Therefore, under an approved Special
Special Measures Measures Plan, eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority
consideration for selection. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Information about If you accept this position, a summary of your merit (including work history, qualifications, experience, skills, etc.) will
selected applicant’s merit be provided to other applicants to enable transparency and understanding of the decision. For further information see: OCPE website.
Apply online link https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=263953
Jacana Energy is on an exciting journey to provide renewable energy solutions in the Territory. We’re a young business with a strong pedigree,
committed to delivering outstanding service to more than 85,000 residential and commercial customers across the Northern Territory. As a
Government-owned corporation we have a solid foundation on which to build, and a compelling future to provide products and services that
Territorians want and value. We are the largest energy retailer in the NT, 100% Northern Territory owned and operated and have a significant role
to play to provide renewable energy solutions in the Government’s target of 50% renewable energy electricity consumption by 2030.
The Credit Control Officer actions the collection of debt to minimise outstanding customer payment and level of accrued debt by delivering a
seamless experience while adhering to Jacana Energy’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with the promotion of first contact resolution in a contact
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain and promote a high standard of quality and timely customer service, handling both inbound and outbound customer interactions (by
phone, written correspondence and other requests).
2. Monitor and process overdue accounts through manual and automated processes, including processing and reconciliation of daily recovery
reports, to minimise current and aged debt
3. Identify, prepare and monitor customer accounts for submission to the credit reporting bureau and the credit collection agency.
4. Investigate queries on outstanding accounts aiming solution to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and Jacana Energy.
5. Assess, process and monitor applications for extended payment options.
6. Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports as required and participate in the review, development and implementation of credit control
procedures and policies.
7. Update customer account information to ensure accuracy as required
8. Carry out additional administrative duties as and when required.
9. Comply with the NTPS and Jacana Energy Code of Conduct, NTPS and Jacana Energy policies and procedures as well as other relevant
Selection Criteria – Essential
1. Well-developed verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures, with a
specific focus on effective customer relations.
2. Demonstrated interpersonal and motivational skills to work as a team member in a multi-skilled work group to achieve positive outcomes for
customers and the organisation.
3. Proficient computer literacy skills including operational experience of a computer based customer information system, and experience using
4. Proven ability for numerical accuracy and attention to detail to ensure accuracy of account and customer transactions.
5. Knowledge of Privacy and Credit Legislation and a commitment to maintain confidentiality at all times.
6. Proven ability to apply a commercial focus, multitask, develop innovative ideas, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
7. A commitment to providing a high standard of customer service and work ethic aligned with Jacana Energy’s values of Diversity, Innovation,
Selection Criteria – Desirable
1. Experience working in a retail energy sector or similar credit environment and sound knowledge of revenue collection procedures.
2. Proven ability to collect outstanding debts in a competitive retail environment.
3. Knowledge of the relevant regulations, legislation and operational guidelines that apply in the Northern Territory, particularly relating to the
supply of electricity.