Credit Risk Associate (Financial Institutions)
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
For customer service, contact us via chase.com/customerservice. See full social media terms and conditions at chase.com/socialterms.
©2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co. All rights reserved. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
- Managing a portfolio of diverse bank, non-bank financial institutions, insurers, governments and other financial industry participants with a range of products including derivatives, futures & options, intraday liquidity facilities, securitization warehouses (Residential Mortgage-Backed Security RMBS & Asset Backed Security ABS), treasury management products and securities trading/financing products.
- Continuously track the client portfolio and the sectors they operate in and update key stakeholders on material developments (e.g., financial performance, market, industry, regulatory) with respect to clients and potential risk ratings impact/s.
- Take a leading role on new transactions for financial institution clients in terms of credit analysis, client due diligence, discussions with business stakeholders, negotiation of key legal documentation terms and accurate setup of client facilities in risk systems.
- Prepare annual credit reviews for our financial institution clients (including macro-overview, industry/sector, regulatory, competitor, business and financial analysis) and recommend any changes required to risk ratings and credit facilities.
- Partner actively with Sales, Credit Risk colleagues, Operations, Legal, Middle Office, business stakeholders, and others both locally and globally for on boarding, deal execution, monitoring exposures and regulatory compliance.
- Remain up to date on applicable firm-wide risk policies and support the governance, reporting and data quality requirements of the financial institutions portfolio.
- Support the Corporate & Investment Banking Credit Risk team with ongoing ad-hoc initiatives and workstreams.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Three years credit risk management experience covering financial institutions
- Strong credit risk skills covering both qualitative and quantitative analysis and an ability to understand and analyse the financial statements of bank, non-bank financial institutions or insurers or analyzing securitization transactions
- Good understanding of the products generally used by financial institutions as well as related documentation (e.g. International Swaps and Derivatives Association/Credit Support Annex and others)
- Effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work proactively & independently as well as part of a team
- Deadline oriented; organized and responsible; high attention-to-detail; and an ability to show clarity in thinking when dealing with multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and confidently interact with business and other internal stakeholders both locally and offshore
- Undergraduate degree or post graduate qualifications in accounting, business, finance or a quantitative related discipline
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Securitisation (Residential Mortgage-Backed Security RMBS & Asset Backed Security ABS) experience would be highly regarded
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.