Design Manager (Treatment)
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. Visit us at Stantec.com/careers
Design Manager (Treatment) – ( 2300018A )
Our Water Division is experiencing significant growth, presenting the opportunity for a SeniorDesign Manager (Treatment)based in our Sydney office.
This position is crucial for providing technical expertise and lead technical teams to develop and deliver the most appropriate technical solution for key water and wastewater projects. You will be responsible for leading, planning, and coordinating complex greenfield and brownfield design delivery projects, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to quality standards. This may include pre-design studies and site investigations, concept and detailed design works, as well as construction and commissioning support activities.
A day in the life ofa Design Manager (Treatment):
- Coordinate all multi‐disciplinary activities and inputs by the technical team, including specialist inputs, to ensure an integrated technical solution.
- Drive quality, timeliness and budgetary outcomes for technical deliverables produced by the multi-disciplinary design team.
- Undertake internal technical reviews and verification checks on all aspects of water and wastewater projects, as required.
- Identify opportunities and develop high level relationships with our key utility clients and future water focused clients in line with Stantec business strategies.
- Support our delivery teams during design and construction, acting in a senior leadership and management role on projects.
- Focus on the development of our water and wastewater project delivery expertise, locally and across the ANZ business.
- Assist in the pursuit and proposal phase of key business development opportunities.
- Contribute to proposal and bid development to support business development activities, including preparing proposal and ensuring that proposals are prepared to a high standard.
So, what do you need to bringto take your career to the next level?
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant Engineering field along with CPEng (or ability to obtain).
- Over 10 years civil/infrastructure engineering experience – design and construction.
- Exceptional leadership abilities including managing client stakeholders, subcontractors, and a vibrant multi-disciplinary team.
- Advanced knowledge of the delivery environment, ideally in the field of water and wastewater design services.
- Highly developed problem solving and negotiation skills to resolve disputes that arise.
- Strong understanding of D&C or alternative delivery projects.
- Solid report writing with the ability to tell a compelling story.
So, what do we offerto enable your next career step?
With an attractive salary and vibrant culture, we offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
- Genuine Flexible Working Arrangements – Including options to work part time, on school holiday term contracts, and to work from home and/or remotely
- Learning and Talent Development Programs and training
- Purchasing up to four weeks additional leave
- Professional Registration and Memberships
- Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI) and Salary Packaging
- Employee Resource Groups such as [email protected] and [email protected], with the aim to achieve a genuinely inclusive and diverse workforce
- Connecting employees across Stantec through our Developing Professionals Group
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Program
- Service Recognition Awards
The Stantec community unites approximately 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across sectors and industries to bring water, transport, energy, architecture, and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
It’s our people that sets us apart … and we hope that includes you.
How to apply:
Submit your most recent CV outlining your relevant experience by following the below link.
To discuss this opportunity further, please apply directly online.
No Agency CV’s will be accepted.
Tertiary Qualification in relevant Engineering field along with CPEng (or ability to obtain).
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Organization: BC-3002 Water-AU Australia
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Mar 12, 2023, 10:09:08 PM
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
More jobs from Stantec:
- Process Engineer1 week ago