Desktop Support Technician Team Leader
Location: Western Region | Ballarat, Western Region | Grampians
Job type: Full time
Organisation: Grampians Health
Salary: Salary not specified
Occupation: IT and Telecommunications
Desktop Support Technician Team Leader
Full time – Permanent
80 hours per fortnight including a monthly ADO
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1st November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities.
Our communities are diverse – as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
An exciting time to be joining the Grampians Health IT department in a newly created position. Reporting to the IT Service Desk manager the Team Leader will play a vital role in ensuring the desktop support team is led and motivated to provide a rapid and efficient service to users on any desktop issues.
- Providing leadership and technical guidance to the Desktop team
- You have well-developed management skills in planning and scheduling, together with the ability to lead and motivate a team of specialist staff.
- Managing the recruitment of new employees and the professional development of existing employees
- Ensuring Desktop Team escalation procedures are communicated and followed.
- You are on a constant search for process improvement and ways to improve service quality
- Focussed on providing exceptional customer service
Skills and experience
- Tertiary Degree in Computer Science, relevant certifications, or demonstrable industry experience equivalent to the above.
- Experience in leadership
- Previous experience in a desktop support role in a medium to large organisation would be an advantage.
Grampians Health Culture & Benefit
At Grampians Health, we recognise our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, patients, residents, visitors, volunteers and contractors at all sites.
- Flexible work arrangement and purchase leave opportunities
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays
- Access to discounted health club membership
- Staff rewards and recognition programs
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
Ballarat, Horsham, Stawell or Edenhope Campuses
Further information on Grampians Health can be found on our website https://grampianshealth.org.au/ or the Grampians Health Facebook page.
How to apply
Click APPLYor contact Jackie Martin, IT Service Desk Manager – Information Technology on 0419 387 791 or Peter Brennan, Director of Digital Health Services & Operations 0407 556 973 for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+