ECC Veterinarians – Hobart
Animal Emergency Australia
Provide gold-standard veterinary care in beautiful Tasmania
AHVEC in Hobart Tasmania combines heritage charm with modern luxuries.
Hobart, nestled at the foothills of Mount Wellington, is beautiful. Tasmania’s capital, and the second oldest capital in Australia after Sydney, Tasmania is a mixture of bustling city, bushland and beaches.
Come to Hobart and experience an old town salty-air feel; have early morning sand between your toes, wander city streets, eat world class food, head to a mountain summit and be back in time for cocktails on the waterfront, all whilst working for one of @AnimalemergencyAustralias ECC practices, AHVEC!
We are pleased to announce growth opportunity for our well-equipped emergency hospital, with an experienced team of emergency veterinarians and vet nurses.
As a member of our veterinary team, you will be provided both on-the-job and external training to help you provide excellent Emergency and Critical Care to our patients. You will be supported by an amazing team of vet nurses, specialist trained client care representatives, and a managerial team dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals.
37 Derwent Park Road, Hobart, TAS
Looking to Relocate?
AHVEC have recently acquired their own residential accommodation available for short-term rent while you find your own rental in the area. The house is 650m walk to the waterfront of Rose Bay with foreshore walks, children’s play areas, and a local IGA just up the road, approx. 5km (8min drive) from the waterfront in Hobart’s CBD and main restaurant district; natural parkland with walking trails (Gordons Hill reserve) at the rear of the home. The home has two living spaces, undercover internal courtyard and two bathrooms within the upstairs area, there is a fully self-contained unit within the lower level of the house and all areas have air conditioners to heat and cool.
All About You
- Ideally an experienced Veterinarian but less experienced vets with aptitude and enthusiasm are encouraged to apply – we can teach you the skills if you have the passion and the heart)
- BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in Australia
- A passion for providing excellent patient care, a desire to work as part of a team, and a drive for continuing education.
- Ability to build rapport with patients and their carers, fellow team members and management
- An adept learner willing to explore new horizons and accept change when based on sound professional foundations
- Knowing that excellence is only achieved through care and collaboration, respect, integrity, and teamwork
- You know your measure, can work independently but you also know when to call for assistance
- A high level of resilience created through adaptability and flexibility
Benefits and Cool Stuff
- An appealing salary that will reflect your abilities and future performance in the order of $120,000 – $150,000 depending on experience.
- Great relocation support package – including AHVEC’s residential accommodation for short-term rent while you set yourself up locally.
- Continuing Education to assist with your Career Growth and paid study leave each year
- Employee pet well-being discounts (including treatments and products)
- Work+life harmony
- A fun, collaborate and fully supportive team that mentor and develop you for greater heights. Work hard and play hard together!
- Transition seamlessly to emergency with ‘buddy’ shifts, accredited Accelerated Learning Program, CPD workshops, and webinars, and more!
- Generous CPD and enrolment in the Accelerate Program
AHVEC – Our Hospitals | Animal Emergency Australia
To speak to us about this cool opportunity, or a confidential conversation and Q&A contact Stacey Shard at [email protected] or [email protected]
Refer your friends