About Link Digital:
Founded in Australia in 2001, Link Digital is an end-to-end Data Architecture Firm with expertise in Open Data Portals, Data Workflow Development, Dynamic Visualisation Systems and Content Management Systems.
Link Digital is on a mission to create meaningful change for our staff, clients and the community. Creativity, Team, Results, Mastery, and Honesty are the core values at the heart of everything we do. We provide flexible working conditions which promote a healthy work-life balance.
We are a global team located in different countries: Australia, Germany, Philippines, Poland, Ukraine and Vietnam. You’ll work as part of a virtual team and be based in Australia, but the location is up to you—digital nomads are most welcome to apply.
About the role:
Link Digital is in search of a Part-Time Fixed TermFinance Officer to join our team until January 2024. The work schedule is flexible and can be discussed in more detail during the interview.
You will be responsible for performing all outlined financial duties, while working together with the Leadership Team and Product Owners on a shared company vision to fulfill Link Digital’s core targets.
As a Finance Officer you will have relevant experience and demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping best practices, alignment with our company values and a mindset to excel in your role.
Skills and qualification requirement:
- A Diploma in Accounting/Finance or higher, or Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- 5+ years recent experience within a financial role
- 3+ years experience working with Xero accounting system
- Experience preparing and lodging Activity Statements with the Australian Taxation Office
- A person of integrity and ethics
- Ability to self manage and prioritise a variety of tasks and resources to achieve determined outcomes within timeframes
- Informed current knowledge of best practices in finance administration
- Highly effective communication skills and relationship capabilities
- Demonstrated capacity to think analytical and innovatively
- Attention to detail and ability to support a small stakeholder base
- Ability to work remotely
- Responsible for managing the complete cycle of Link Digital’s finances that includes managing the budget, preparing financial reports, processing payroll and ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded and conducted in accordance with Australian regulations and laws and company policies.
- Demonstrate financial acumen, strategies and systems including budgets, forecasts, cash flow management, P&L and financial ratios advising with risk and opportunities management.
- Undertake efficient and effective sales invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and preparation and lodging Activity Statements function with accurate data processing, reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of Xero and to use it to plan, develop, track and maintain the financial budget and reports.
- Prepare and present financial reports periodically or as required by the board, leadership team, accountant or auditor.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory financial documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Understand other company activities that affect the processing of day-to-day accounts such as but not limited to allocated company budget, project budget and contract requirements and agreement.
- Assigned as the Contract Manager who is responsible for creating new and renewal contracts and managing project budget.
- Liaise with Insurance Brokers to ensure appropriate insurance policies are in place and continually reviewed and renewed.
- Responsible for all payroll activities such as maintaining an accurate record, fortnightly processing, managing payroll queries, processing superannuation and managing leave requests.
- Managing online bank transactions including recording payments, processing bills, processing wages, bank and credit card reconciliation and cash allocation management.
- Preparing and processing tax reports for ATO and international tax related to import and export of services.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the accountant to ensure accuracy and integrity of the financial activities.
- Ensuring the implementation of Profit First methodology in all financial planning, transactions and decision making activities.
- Key point of contact for other departments, partners, and providers on financial and accounting matters.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term, Contract
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $30.00 – $50.00 per hour
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Flexible hours
- Xero software: 3 years (Preferred)
- Australia (Preferred)