Partners in Performance
Partners in Performance is a global management consulting firm that works hand-in-hand with our clients to deliver sustainable results in business performance. Our firm has real scale and a demonstrated track record with reach across Australia and New Zealand, South East Asia, Africa, North and South America, Europe and Middle East. As a Firm, we are about Unleashing Potential in our clients and our people.
Challenging work that really makes a difference
Help to unleash the potential of our consultants who are out in the field creating better, sustainable businesses
Help build a strong central team who can provide outstanding service
Impact a truly global team.
Stretch development challenges that will grow you quickly
Grow with the growth of the company
Unlimited career opportunities to meet your personal aspirations
We promote based on people’s delivery and ability not their tenure.
And to cap it off you will:
Work with really talented, down to earth, fun people
Work in an entrepreneurial environment without bureaucracy
Responsibilities of the Role:
You will assist the Senior Analyst of Decision Support with the maintenance and analysis of several key databases and related tools in which the business depends on to function profitably.
These include fee calculators for profitability analysis, timesheets for utilisation analysis and attribution forms for Senior Consultant performance.
You will assist the Decision Support team in preparing weekly and monthly reporting requirements of the firm, including management accounts, revenue forecast and utilisation forecast.
Your work will touch on all key areas of the business including Consulting, Recruiting, Staffing, Mobility, People and Culture; and Finance and will involve a healthy mix of routine activities, ad hoc analysis and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with emphasis in accounting, or a related field
- At least 2+ years Accounting experience in professional services (ideally Big 4 Accounting Firms)
- Previous audit experience will be beneficial, particularly from the Big 4 Accounting Firms
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft office and G Suite, with the ability to learn quickly on the job without a great deal of formal training
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- International experience, preferable exposure to Europe and North America accounting systems
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to interrogate financial systems and seek answers when data is not as it should be
- Strong communication skills with experience managing senior stakeholders and good conflict resolution skills
- Project management experience, able to manage multiple projects whilst performing business as usual task
- A good team player, with the ability to develop rapport and build strong working relationships
– Good written communication skills in Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook along with the ability to communicate with all levels of management including C-level executives.
- Excellent process management and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a structured and investigative approach to workload prioritisation
- Intermediate skills in database tools would be helpful; in particular PowerBI is preferable but not compulsory
Key Competencies Required for the Role
- Problem solving / analysis: strong problem-solving skills including the ability to structure and prioritise effort within an area and to ask the right questions to get to root causes; and to demonstrate an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system
- Capability in using and manipulating analytical systems: Predominantly Excel but will also involve Power BI
- Delivering results and meeting internal client expectations: demonstrated passion for results, with a track record of delivering outputs under pressure; focuses on business needs, sets high standards for quality and quantity, consistently achieves project goals
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives: takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
- Presenting and communicating information: an effective communicator (both verbal and written); seeks to understand stakeholder requirements and input, expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
What the role offers you
- The opportunity to be mentored by and coached in analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The opportunity to work across the entire business, you will learn how the business works from start to finish.
- The opportunity to expand your analytical capabilities across multiple systems, have ownership of the maintenance and of those systems, and be involved in their further development
- Join a growing team with a mandate for change and improvements
- Future career opportunities within the finance or broader PiP teams
This is a permanent, full-time job.
Partners in Performance embraces diversity and inclusiveness. It’s a part of our culture and has been a steady focus since we started our firm over 27 years ago. If you enjoy working in a fast paced and vibrant environment and are passionate about making a real impact then we look forward to hearing from you as we continue on our exciting growth trajectory.
More jobs from Partners in Performance:
- Financial Analyst1 week ago
- Financial Analyst1 week ago