Hatchery Process Workers
Join our team working in the most modern hatchery in Australia, hatching baby chicks
- No previous experience required – extensive training is provided
- Permanent full-time: from $25.67 per hour
- Work 38 hours per week over 4 days & have 3 days off
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Tea/coffee/milk + fresh fruit provided free
- Free onsite parking in a secure carpark
- Commitment to the Health and Safety of all employees
- Paid incentives for additional competencies learned
- Uniform and relevant safety equipment provided
- Applicants must have full work rights in Australia (sorry, not suitable for students or working holiday visa holders)
About the Role
Darwalla is seeking motivated team members to work in our modern Allora based chicken Hatchery, located between Toowoomba & Warwick. The Hatchery can operate 7 days per week, but normally you will be required to work a weekly minimum of 38 hours per week, over 4 days with 5.45am starts. Applicants should have a flexible approach to changing work times/days and working overtime as and when required. Your own reliable transport is a must.
Successful candidates will be required to carry out a wide range of tasks including egg setting and transfer, chick take off and processing and various cleaning jobs. The work is quite physical, so applicants must be fit and healthy. A pre-employment medical, including a drug screening test will be undertaken.
The poultry industry has very strict bio-security and animal welfare standards, so all employees are restricted from keeping pet birds, poultry and pigs and residing with others who work at other poultry or involved with pig farming/hunting. The hatchery is a shower-in, shower-out facility.
Skills & Experience
Successful candidates must have the following attributes:
- MUST meet bio-security requirements
- Be hard working & reliable
- Have a positive attitude
- Be team orientated and happy to undertake different tasks
- Tolerance to working with poultry, in an environment which can be dusty and noisy (safety equipment provided)
- Have a willingness and ability to work safely
- Have good communication skills, and a clear understanding of English, both written & oral
- Previous experience in factory, production or farming is an advantage, but all training will be provided
Darwalla has a diverse workforce and welcomes applicants who are as passionate as we are about producing quality chickens. As a fourth-generation family business, Darwalla started producing chickens over 75 years ago in Mt Cotton, with farms now located in the Redlands, on the Darling Downs, and Lockyer Valley.
Safety is a priority at Darwalla and we care for our people.
You will be provided with extensive training, uniform & relevant safety equipment.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in joining the team at Darwalla, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.