Injury Management Advisor
Gallagher provides retail and wholesale property and casualty brokerage, alternative risk transfer services, employee benefit consulting, and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services, human resource consulting, and retirement services.
Looking for a new opportunity or are you thinking of a career change? If you’re a Workers Compensation expert looking to step into injury management, or perhaps have a background in allied health, rehabilitation or personal injury and are wanting to explore a different career path where you can utilise your unique skills, at GB we’re offering some exciting opportunities to join our team as an Injury Management Advisor.
As an Injury Management Advisor, you will use your expertise in injury management to provide advice and assistance to claims staff to promote appropriate injury management for injured workers, which will in turn translate into durable Return to Work outcomes relating to Workers Compensation claims.
You will add value to Gallagher Bassett across the following:
- Implementing your Personal Injury expertise in the review of complex medical requests arising from Worker’s Compensation claims
- Collaborating with Case Managers and Treating Health Providers to review and make recommendations for treatment plans for injured workers based on medical advice and evidence
- Liaising with Medical Advisors relating to specialised and niched requests for surgery and treatment to ensure Worksafe and industry guidelines are being adhered to as part of treatment requests
- Advising employers, employer consultants and other stakeholders with updates regarding injury management strategies
- Providing quality customer service to injured workers, employers, employer consultants & other stakeholders
- Providing Injury Management expertise and advice, as well as coaching and mentoring to claims managers
- Ensuring timely, educated and informed medical claims management decisions are made, with an objective to improve outcomes all parties involved.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Tertiary qualifications within the Allied Health or the Personal Injury industry and/or Work experience within the personal injury management or Workers Compensation industry
- Expertise in implementing relevant legislation as part of decision making within the insurance industry
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills, and an aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attractive remuneration packaging & flexible work arrangements – including WFH
- Paid Parental Leave
- Excellent Working Environment – friendly, flexible and supportive working environment which is built around great team support and rewarding opportunities;
- Exciting career – as our Company grows, so do the opportunities for our people;
- Opportunities for ongoing education and development;
- Service and performance recognition awards; and employee assistance program for yourself and immediate family members
A brief overview of GB:
Gallagher Bassett is Australia’s largest Third Party Administrator (TPA). Our focus is refreshingly simple: we manage insurance claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured corporations.
Gallagher Bassett (GB) has six offices in Australia located in Northern Territory, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, employing over 1000 staff.
At Gallagher Bassett we take pride in who we are and what we do, we believe our people are our strength and we pride ourselves in delivering for our customers.
GB values its employees and offers a friendly, comfortable working environment that facilitates a Work and Life Balance.
If this sounds like your new career – we want to connect!
Click on Apply for this Job.
GB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as a member of the Diversity Council Australia, we recognize the importance of, and embrace diversity in the workplace.
You will need to have the right to work in this country to be eligible for employment with Gallagher Bassett Services.
Agency applicants will not be considered for this role.
More jobs from Gallagher:
- Assistant Account Executive3 weeks ago
- Claims Assistant3 weeks ago
- Assistant Claims Executive