Junior Legal Counsel/Contracts Manager
GPA Engineering is a highly experienced, multidisciplinary engineering and management firm delivering engineering, procurement and construction management services for over 30 years. We develop, engineer and implement industrial scale projects across the oil & gas, defence, water treatment & distribution, mining & minerals, power generation & distribution, renewable energy and hydrogen sectors. With a commitment to providing quality assurance and maintaining environmental integrity, our people are highly qualified and additionally possess expertise to advise on project and risk management.
We are Australian-owned business with offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin and Perth; supporting clients wherever they are located including rural or remote Australia, or overseas. Our team is diverse, motivated and professional, aligning under our values of teamwork, integrity, quality, safety and sustainability.
About The Role
As a result of continuous company growth, GPA is looking for an enthusiastic Junior Legal Consultant/Contracts Manager to join our Adelaide team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing and growing team to develop your skills to the next level.
Part-time/casual hours may be worked flexibly across the week, but ideally you will be available to provide at least 16 hours of support per week.
- Identifying and mitigating contractual/commercial risks.
- Managing variations, progress claims, time extensions and rates adjustments
- Providing guidance and advice to staff to ensure that contractual and legal requirements are adequately understood and communicated.
- Strong analytical, contractual interpretation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Agile thinking, strong commercial skills and business acumen, and the ability to recognise and respond to needs of the business. Demonstrated through contract interpretation and negotiation.
- Proactive, organised, and strong problem-solver with high attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating professional services arrangements including the ability to adjust contractual wording to minimise company risk.
- Preferred minimum 4 years post-admission experience in private practice or in-house legal or minimum 6 years contract management experience in a mid-large organisation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and current Practicing Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering services and/or construction contracts an advantage.
We are a diverse, motivated and inquisitive team aligned under our values of teamwork, integrity, quality, safety and sustainability. We work collaboratively whilst harnessing and developing our individual strengths. We aspire to empower and support employees to reach their full potential, to take on challenges and grow through experience, training, coaching and development. GPA offers a great range of employee benefits including opportunities for work travel, paid parental leave, an active social club, structured career progression, flexibility and loads more, coupled with a great city office location.
We are committed to maintaining a workforce with meaningful equity and diversity, as well as a workplace that embraces and celebrates the value of all cultures and backgrounds.
GPA is a place where people can be their best each day. We are supportive in nature and natural in our leadership. We offer engaging and continuously developing career pathways. We share stories and we have fun.
Via SEEK or [email protected]
Please include your CV & Cover Letter in your application.