Learning Programs Coordinator
Macquarie Group Limited
Macquarie is a global financial services group operating in 32 markets in asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
In Banking and Financial Services (BFS) People & Culture, our aim is to deliver outstanding employee experience (EX) to our people, so they can deliver exceptional client experience (CX) to our clients. An integral part of People & Culture (P&C), our EX Programs (EXP) team is tasked with developing and delivering BFS-wide initiatives that shape our people’s EX by enabling capability, connection, confidence and recognition.
The EXP Programs Manager enables People & Culture to deliver BFS’ talent programs efficiently with outstanding employee experiences. This role will program manage a number of nominations-based talent programs.
Reporting to EX Programs Senior Manager and working in close partnership with the team, you will coordinate a range of programs with duties including project planning, scheduling, drafting of participant and leader communications, pre, during & post program activity organisation and distribution of evaluations.
You will be customer-focused and create great experiences for our participants and internal and external stakeholders.
- coordinate talent program project plans, prioritising and coordinating the specific activities and tasks required in advance of, during and after programs. These include preparing program plans for all events, scheduling facilitators, preparing and supporting in person and virtual sessions, preparing and delivering communications, ensuring nominations and attendance are captured in our Learning Management System (LMS) and capturing evaluation feedback from participants and leaders
- identify connections between talent programs and other BFS/ P&C activities to deliver great experiences
- work with a wide range of stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver outstanding program experiences
- maintain accurate program and participant data, including attendance / completion, questionnaires, surveys and feedback
- be curious about what is happening outside the EXP team (internally and externally) to bring ideas on how to continue to improve program experiences and outcomes
- undertake self-directed personal and professional development
Skills and experience required:
- highly organised with a strong attention to detail, and great coordination and program management skills
- ability to work independently and prioritise concurrent work
- thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, be agile and responsive to change and demonstrate a willingness to learn
- be confident interacting with people from all levels and be able to adapt communication style to meet peoples’ needs, both written and verbal
- excellent computer capabilities in using systems and technology particularly with Microsoft Office Suite; Learning Management System (LMS) / Learning Experience Platform (LXP) experience a bonus
- be a strong team player and collaborate well
- be interested in learning, development, talent and employee experience
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop and utilise new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Our size and international presence means your work can take you anywhere—across business groups, disciplines, sectors and borders. With 19,200+ employees and offices in 34 markets around the world, we’re a truly global organisation.
You’ll be supported by a diverse team where the unique perspectives, ideas and experiences that all of our people bring are valued. You’ll be empowered to address unmet needs in our communities whilst advising and investing alongside our clients and partners. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
Work type:Permanent – Full time
Category:Mid-level, Human Resources
Group:Banking and Financial Services
Division:People, Culture & Client Exp