Materials and Logistics Specialist
Hays operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
With 10,000 staff operating from 250 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms, last year we placed around 70,000 candidates into permanent jobs, and around 240,000 people into temporary assignments.
For more information about our global network, strategy and Group financial results, visit www.haysplc.com.
Your new company
Our client is a leader in Aerospace, Defence and Security located in Melbourne. You would be splitting your time between Port Melbourne and the Northern Suburbs. Your new company is a is a full-service operation centre that undertakes aircraft assembly and maintenance, logistics management and other related support functions. They are a trusted technological partner of governments and defence agencies, and they believe in Innovation, continuous research, digital manufacturing and sustainability. An immediate start is on offer.
Your new role
In your role as a Material & Logistic Specialist, you will be responsible for the receipt, evaluation and management of customer requests. You will select the best logistics solution for the supply of spare parts, claim evaluation and support and repair solutions. You will also coordinate and monitor all activities from order receipt to final delivery within customer and company deadlines. Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Handling of the Customer orders and quotations cycle for both spare parts and repair services, identifying the best logistic solution in delivering the products and/or services
- Cooperation with Material Management & Planning to implement the effective way of operation, coordination and integration of Customers/Operators requirements
- Management of Full Components Plan Contracts: assessing customer’s claim to ensure contract terms and conditioned are met
What you’ll need to succeed
To be considered for this role you ideally have 1+ year experience in customer order administration, logistics or supply chain management. Knowledge of a modern ERP system, ideally SAP will be advantageous. It is crucial that you can work under pressure and in a highly demanding environment to meet customer deadlines. Key skills/ experience required:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, ERP system experience, ideally SAP (not essential)
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to read technical documentation to support customer queries, supply required spare parts and identify suitable alternative spare parts
- Basic understanding of financial transaction (invoicing) and instruments (WBS)
- Understanding of supply chain and inventory management in technical environment
What you’ll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work for a well- established company who are a leader in the defence and aerospace sector. They offer a multicultural, international environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and perform at their best. Your new company offers a hybrid work model after three months of training (3 days in the office and 2 days at home). Also on offer is an attractive salary of 65k plus super. The position is full time Monday to Friday.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the role or you would like further information and a confidential discussion about Manufacturing opportunities, contact Jana Weingaertner at Hays by email at [email protected] or call 03 8602 9828.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, you may be eligible for a $200 bonus for a successful referral. Good people know good people.
More jobs from HAYS:
- Assistant Accountant2 weeks ago
- Facilities Manager2 weeks ago
- Finance Support and Office Manager2 weeks ago
- Finance Officer2 weeks ago