Medical Administration Officer Weekends Part time
Location: Melbourne | Southern Metropolitan
Job type: Part time
Organisation: Monash Health
Salary: Salary not specified
Occupation: Administration/Secretarial, Communications, Marketing and Media, Finance, Health and Allied Health, Human Resources, Information Management, Procurement
New Year, New Career at Monash Health and Australia’s only heart hospital now open to patients since February 2023!
About Monash Imaging
Monash Imagingincorporates services at Monash Medical Centre – Clayton; Monash Children’s Hospital – Clayton; Victorian Heart Hospital – Clayton, Dandenong Hospital, Dandenong; Casey Hospital, Berwick; Moorabbin Hospital, Bentleigh East; Kingston Centre, Cheltenham; Pakenham Health Centre (Women’s Imaging), Pakenham and two Dental sites at Cranbourne and Dandenong. The Victorian Heart Hospital will be Australia’s first dedicated heart hospital will include a full range of ambulatory and inpatient cardiac care, including cardiac theatres, cardiac catheterisation laboratories, emergency, intensive care, and ambulatory services such as cardiac CT, echocardiography and specialist consultation.
Monash Imagingprovides over 365,000 imaging examinations per year across all sites. The Service budgets for approximately 500 EFT and has an expense budget of $100M.
Monash Imagingis a busy, multi-modality department providing diagnostic and therapeutic imaging services to the outer southeast region of Melbourne and West Gippsland for adult and paediatric patients. The environment will offer patients and families a friendly atmosphere together with innovative technology to deliver the very best patient experience.
Medical Administration Officers – we’ve have hired amazing new talent with new roles, now available!
Monash Imaging is seeking a Part Time enthusiastic Medical Administrative Officer to join the Administration team to support high-level patient centred care.
As a Part Time Medical Administration Officer, you will be responsible for providing high-level customer service to patients in a variety of settings including:
- Reception meet and greet patients and their families
- Phone system, making appointments for internal and external patients according to their medical needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working on a rotational roster.
- Working day shift on weekends
- 9 day fortnight
- 72 hours permanent
The is a key role focussed on providing exceptional customer service to patients and their families. Working in a busy, team-based environment, you will deliver efficient and effective administrative support, contributing to optimum patient care and overall functioning of the service. You are passionate about helping others, especially in a challenging situation, is what drives you to provide exceptional support to our patients and their families. As the first point contact for many of our patients when they attend our unit, a welcoming manner with clear communication skills combined with empathy and patience is essential for this role.
This position is based mainly at Monash Clayton and Victorian Heart Hospital, with some rostering to other Monash Health imaging sites within the southeast corridor of Melbourne in response to rostering requirements
What You Bring:
Working closely with radiologists, cardiologists, nurses, MITs and cardiac technicians you will bring the following demonstrated skills, experience and knowledge:
- Previous experience in radiology or medical administration would be an advantage
- Excellent customer services skills and ability to remain calm and helpful in a challenging or changing environment.
- Attention to detail coupled with ability to priority competing tasks and deadlines
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a wider multidisciplinary team
- Hardworking, passionate, proactive dedicated work ethic
- Flexible, adaptable, and inclusive team member
- Ability to learn new computer software with ease
What You Need:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Effective time management skills including planning and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of patient information
- Exceptional attention to detail
Why Monash Health and Victorian Heart Hospital?
Monash Health is a greatplace to work and now is the perfect time to join us and here is just a few reasons why:
- Victoria’s largest public health service employing over 22,000 people across a range of specialities
- Only healthcare organisation ranked in
- Work closer to home and enjoy the many benefits of Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs
- Delivery of a new Monash Health standard in model of care and patient care experience
- Australia’s first cardiac hospital with improved facilities in a sustainable design, filled with colour, natural light and space
- Cutting edge state of the art technology, innovative design to facilitate world-leading research
- Dedicated leadership team fostering high performing talent within a tertiary hospital
- Best place in Australia to grow your career
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Details on how to apply and probity check requirements please refer to attached Application Guide located under Position Documents.
Selection activity may commence prior to closing date, apply today!