Mental Health Prequalification Program Coordinator
Job type: Part time
Organisation: Grampians Health
Salary: Salary not specified
Occupation: Projects, Medical, Nursing
Pre-Qualification Employment Program Coordinator
Learning and Development – Mental Health
Registered Psychiatric Nurse RPN 4
32 hours per fortnight
Fixed term until September 2023
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
The Pre-Qualification Employment Program Coordinator is responsible for the development and coordination of this innovative program that creates entry level pathways for soon-to-graduate clinicians considering a career in mental health. The Program Coordinator will lead the development of this six-month program, will participate in recruitment and on-boarding, will work to ensure smooth running of this program and be the key contact for program participants as well as the Centre for Mental Health Learning, Centre for Mental Health Nursing and the Department of Health who are the key stakeholders in the program
Lead recruitment and on-boarding of students into the roles and establish support mechanisms including orientation, induction, mentoring and supervision
Operational and administrative coordination of the program including participation in Statewide Program Network delivered by the Centre for Mental Health Learning and the Centre for Mental Health Nursing and be the lead contact for the Department of Health and ensure all reporting and evaluation requirements are met.
- Work with program participants and staff in the areas they are working to ensure participants are well supported and have exposure to a range of roles, programs and experiences that will enhance their motivation to pursue a career in mental health. This includes but not limited to being supportive to engage with consumers, families and support people at different stages of recovery, to participate in recovery orientated treatment processes and to develop and understanding of different roles in mental health including the living and lived experience roles
Skills and experience
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency for practice as a Division 1 Nurse
- A range of Clinical experience in mental health settings
- Relevant Post-Graduate qualifications will be highly regarded
Grampians Health Culture & Benefits
At Grampians Health, we recognise our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, patients, residents, visitors, volunteers and contractors at all sites.
- Flexible work arrangements and purchase leave opportunities
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays
- Discounted on-site parking
- Access to discounted health club membership
- Staff rewards and recognition programs
How to apply
Click APPLYor contact Brae Murley, Director Of Nursing (Acting), on 5320 4100 for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.