New Business Associate
With customers at the heart of everything we do, we’re focused on helping people and businesses move forward financially. We are driven to deliver seamless experiences, in smart, innovative ways.
A workplace of the future, our 52,000 people are able to bring their different backgrounds and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives, talent and energy – making a positive impact on colleagues, customers and our business.
It’s what makes CommBank a place of opportunity, where your skills can take you in unexpected directions and you can achieve great things.
Explore commbank.com.au/careers to discover what we can offer you.
- You are driven and passionate about customer service
- We are a team of motivated high performers, making work fun and contributing to a fantastic culture.
- Work as part of a collaborative and close-knit team who value flexible working
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) manages relationships with Commonwealth Bank’s asset finances customers, providing a wide range of financial services and solutions. It also services our personal and institutional online trading customers. Direct Business introduced by Third Parties, such as Brokers , Vendors and direct customers.
Business Lending (BL) is a product and specialized sales team that offers working capital, business loans, asset finance, corporate finance, and property finance to our customers. It also has responsibility for Line 1 risk and controls for these products. BL is directly responsible for product management, process management, portfolio and pricing management. It also works closely with bankers, data and analytics, digital and customer experience teams.
Do work that matters
Asset Finance (AF) provide market leading car and equipment finance solutions that help our business clients manage their working capital and access the income producing equipment they need to be successful.
The Asset Finance Team provides sales and service support to internal and external customers who would like to finance new and used passenger cars, light commercials and assets such as trucks & forklifts that are utilised for business purposes. We are also responsible for the preparation of loan documents and provide settlement services for all asset finance transactions across the portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior manager- New Business, the purpose of the New Business Associate is to write new business referred via a number of sources, including phone, email, Opportunities and retaining existing customers by contacting all maturing contracts prior to the maturity date with a view to refinancing or replacing the contract. The New Business Associate will be responsible for the management of the deal to funding and be the primary point of contact for the customer.
More specifically, you will:
- Understand customer’s needs and requirements to ensure the customer is delivered the most appropriate product
- Provide quotations using CommSee quoting
- Ensure all customer information required for a deal has been captured and transferred to the credit team for application decisioning
- Maintain work item queues to ensure that all work items and Opportunities are updated when required.
- Follow up customers to ensure conversion from enquiry to funding is satisfactory
- Deliver exceptional, telephone based customer service from inbound and outbound calls from both internal and external customers
- Contribution to business to fall within Valued / Superior Contributions for KPI’s
- Ensure any Opportunities or Work Items are updated with notes / status’s accordingly
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Exceptional sales skills with ability to convert leads into funded deals
- The ability to work in a phone based transactional sales environment
- Product knowledge of Asset Finance (including Hire Purchase / Chattel Mortgage / Novated Lease )
- Ability to quote on asset finance transactions
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to multi-task under pressure
- 8am to 7pm availability
- Demonstrated self-motivated self-starter, with a CAN do attitude, strategically minded and worked effectively in a team environment
- Strong relationship building skills
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you’re already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you’ll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We’re aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 27/03/2023