NITA Traineeship - Trainee Housekeeper
Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia
Our vision is to offer visitors and guests enriching experiences while supporting Indigenous communities through employment, training, development and business opportunities.
We do this across a range of world-class brands including Ayers Rock Resort, Sails in the Desert, Desert Garden Hotel, Emu Walk Apartments, The Lost Camel, Outback Hotel and Mossman Gorge Center.
There are many opportunities available across our business, so have a look at our listings today and find the perfect fit for you. We’re always on the look-out for like-minded legends to join our team, people who embody the values we hold - respect, excellence, trust and courage.
This is your chance to be part of something big.
Grow your career |
Your journey starts with us
Are you looking for a job, a career change, a life change or just finished school? Earn while you learn all while making life long friends and obtaining a Certificate III in Hospitality.
We are seeking committed Indigenous Australians to join our National Indigenous Training Academy (NITA) Traineeship at Ayers Rock Resort.
You don’t need any work experience, only a passion to better yourself and a commitment to our 12-month program. You will be provided with all-around support from our team to help you succeed.
Upon successful completion of the Traineeship, there will be opportunities to explore future employment with Voyages or its partners in roles across Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, Kitchen, Front Office or Porter.
Why Should I apply?
- Earn while you learn
- Test-drive your future career
- Experience something new while working and living in a tight-knit supportive community
- After successfully completing the 12-month Traineeship you will receive a nationally accredited Hospitality qualification which makes you job-ready
To be selected for this exciting program you will be:
- Of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Aged between 18 and 30 years at the time of the program commencement
- Able to move to Ayers Rock Resort in the Northern Territory for the duration of the traineeship
- Career-driven with a desire to learn and succeed in the Hospitality industry
- Courageous, adventurous and team-spirited
What we offer
- Earn a competitive traineeship wage while you are working and studying
- We cover your rent you just need to cover a 4 week security bond
- We cover your flight or bus fare to the value of $700 into Yulara
- We have a dedicated Trainee Lounge room where you can chill, access board games, art supplies all while connecting with other trainees!
- On-duty meals
- Fortnightly vouchers to help with the cost of living
- Access to resort staff facilities including, gym, pool, recreational center and residents social outlets
- Discount at the resort’s retail stores and food and beverage outlets
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity to try something new, then please apply now!
A Criminal History Check and Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (LLN) and Medical Assessment are mandatory requirements during our recruitment process.
In accordance with Northern Territory Health Directions, to be eligible to work at Ayers Rock Resort you will be required to have an approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide evidence of vaccination to Voyages.
To Apply: Click on this link and completed our application form, if you have a resume attach it otherwise save the application form and we will contact you! If you have any questions and want to find out more about our NITA traineeship program please contact Jasmine vi a [email protected]