Nurse Educator Part Time
Torrens University Australia
At Torrens University Australia, making a difference is in our DNA. As a Certified B Corporation, we belong to a global community of future-focused companies using business as a force for good. We believe in the transformative power of education to change lives, families, communities – and the world. That’s why we’re on a mission to increase access to higher education, so learners from all walks of life can chase their dreams.
Just like our students, our employees are a diverse group who want to make an impact. When you join us, we give you the freedom to be bold, creative and courageous – with flexible working arrangements that allow you to bring your best. We’ve built a culture that celebrates community, collaboration and innovation, where people love what they do
What’s the job?
Reporting to the Nursing Coordinator, the Nurse Educator will work to ensure students are provided with the best opportunity to attain learning outcomes. There will also be opportunity to keep up to on your discipline by undertaking professional development activities to further your knowledge and skills to help create the nurses of tomorrow.
- Delivery and teaching of the Nursing Program content utilising flexible learning modes to accommodate student needs ensuring compliance with all regulatory frameworks
- Mentor students to understand and utilise the Codes and Standards of Professional Practice relating to Nursing
- Utilise learning technology effectively and embed in design and delivery
- Engage in student centred learning and teaching practices and maintaining an active and positive education experience
- Engage in a model best practice in applying pedagogical principles, instructional strategies, and communication strategies appropriate to the learners.
- Provide on-going assessment support for students to satisfactorily complete assessment tasks
Click here to see the
We are seeking expressions of interest for this casual role, 4 days per week 1 day administration 3 days teaching based at Surry Hills Campus, Sydney
Who you are
- Tertiary qualification in nursing
- Current Division 1 Nurse Registration with AHPRA
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment with LLN competency OR
- Any Post graduate adult education qualification
- Demonstrated experience in student-centred teaching and the ability to work within a professional and motivated Academic team
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute to the academic and administrative environment of the faculty
Why join us?
Bold, modern and agile, we’re Australia’s fastest-growing university, going from 164 students in 2014 to 40,000+ alumni across 115+ countries and 2000+ staff today. In 2020,
Australian Financial Reviewnamed us one of the country’s most innovative companies. As we continue to establish ourselves as a truly global university, we never lose sight of our student-centric approach. Supported by teams of passionate people, you’ll find endless opportunities for professional development and career progression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.
What we offer:
We support your personal passions, development and wellbeing, to make your working life a more rewarding experience. At Torrens University Australia , you’ll benefit from:
- Study free in a course/degree related to your position
- Flexible working conditions, allowing you to work remotely and from a campus near you
– Access to internal opportunities – Be supported to learn, grow and move across the organisation
We aim to provide you with the necessary information you need at each stage of this process to put your best self forward. If you want to know more, or need assistance or accommodation during the recruiting phase, please contact your recruiter at [email protected]
To learn more about what makes Torrens University Australia a great place to work, visit https://www.torrens.edu.au/blog.
We’d love to hear from you.
Applications close: Monday 27 March
Job reference: R19753