Public Area Cleaning Attendant (afternoon / evening shift) - InterContinental Perth
InterContinental Hotels are one of the world’s leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have over 160 million guests staying in 889,164 rooms in more than 6,000 hotels per year.
InterContinental Perth City Centre opened in October 2017 and is a 240-room design orientated hotel in the heart of Perth’s CBD. Focused on corporate and transient market bringing the InterContinental personalised service to life. At InterContinental Perth City Centre we are here to make our each valued guest enjoy the finer things in life to discover the means of experiences that cannot be had anywhere else.
InterContinental Perth City Centre is seeking a part time Public Area Attendant to join our charming, confident and internationally minded team who knows how to exceed guest expectations.
** Our Team are proud winners of the AHA-WA Excellence in Workplace Culture Award for 2021 and 2022! **
YOUR DAY TO DAY
As a member of the Housekeeping team, you will meet the hotel’s standards for cleanliness and IHG’s Clean Promise for deep cleaning and hygiene practices that keep guests and colleagues safe.
A little taste of your day to day:
- Daily and deep cleaning tasks of hotel public areas; including bathrooms, floors, windows, dusting and tile cleaning
- Ensuring all areas are fully stocked with guest amenities
- Reporting maintenance requirements
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly
- Using appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes ensuring safe work practices are maintained
- Assisting the wider Housekeeping team as needed, this role may assist with cleaning rooms such as stripping linens from room and/or the cleaning of public areas when requested
- Gives assistance to other departments or outlets when required
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
The ideal candidate will have:
- Physical ability to work in a manual role
- Proactive approach to regular work tasks and attention attention to detail
- The successful candidate will need to be available to work the afternoon and evening shift (available to work as required between 1pm and 10pm).
- Unlimited and unrestricted working rights for Australia required for successful candidates.For this role, we are not taking any student visa applicants – due to the need to the inherent requirement of the role to be available for more than 30 hours per week.
WHAT WE OFFER
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform supplied
- Paid birthday leave – hip hip hooray!
- Paid parental leave
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
More jobs from InterContinental:
- Front Office SupervisorAustralia1 week ago
- BartenderAustralia2 weeks ago
- Night ManagerAustralia2 weeks ago