Registered Nurses - NIGHT SHIFT
The GEO Group Australia
GEO currently manages Junee Correctional Centre in New South Wales, The Bridge, Fulham and Ravenhall Correctional Centres in Victoria.
Our company is defined by us always acting with Integrity, showing everyone Respect without fail, being Accountable at all times, always being Agile and continuously looking for opportunities to be Innovative, to help GEO ensure that our greater goal of Better Corrections, Safer Communities is achieved.
Through delivery of world-leading Continuum of Care services, GEO ensures that prisoners are guided and supported in breaking free from their cycle of re-offending. We do this through investing in opportunities for prisoners to engage in work, education and programs.
As an organisation we strive to foster and strengthen community relationships and take pride in being able to offer so much to the local community, including scholarships and sponsorship support for a range of community activities.
GEO also invests in local businesses and employs many people who live in the local community.
44 Market Street
New South Wales 2000
Phone: (02) 9262 6100
Fax: (02) 9262 6005
Be rewarded for joining a progressive, fast-paced Primary-Care Health Service with a generous $15k sign on bonus*
Full-Time NIGHT SHIFTroles available
Attractive rates starting from $57.50 – $59.80 per hour + penalties!
About the Company:
Junee Correctional Centre is part of The GEO Group in Australia and is the leading provider of privately managed correctional services in NSW and Victoria. Junee is in regional New South Wales and is located 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga.For more information, please visit:www.geogroup.com.au
About the Role:
We are currently looking for dedicated NIGHT SHIFT Nurses to join our Health Services Team at Junee Correctional Centre, being led by our new team of Senior Health Managers. Our focus is to build on your clinical confidence, and create an engaged workforce, with a work/family friendly balance and provide a supportive environment that covers clinical and best practices. Our Organisation aims to provide the best working conditions for our Employees. This is an exciting time to join The GEO Group!
Successful candidates will be part of a team responsible for delivering comprehensive, professional and quality nursing services within a Correctional setting, working 12-hour shifts across all nights of the week, on a rotated basis.
Our work is fast paced and your role could include emergency care, coordinating and delivering nurse-led clinics, health promotion activities, liaising with interdisciplinary teams, coordinating care, conducting health care assessments, and dispersing prescription and non-prescription medications.
Our night shift roster consists of 7 x 12 hr shifts per fortnight between the hours of 18:30 pm-06:30 am across all nights of the week, on a rostered basis. Roster arrangements can be discussed to provide an appropriate work life balance.
- 15K sign-on bonus payable for successful Full-Time applicants. $5k will be paid on commencement and $10k at 6 months.
To obtain further information about this role and to download the position description, clickHERE
Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Completed Nursing Degree and/or General or Psychiatric Registered nurse training.
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Minimum one years of professional postgraduate experience as a registered nurse.
- Competence in the performance of the following functions: Medical emergencies, Physical assessment, Crisis intervention, Medical & Psychiatric nursing care, Venipuncture.
- Ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and providing appropriate follow through treatment.
- Good communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and cultural awareness.
- Resilience – some patients could be confronting.
Culture and Benefits:
We are always looking for people to join our company who share the values that we stand for: INTEGRITY RESPECT ACCOUNTABLE AGILE INNOVATIVE
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. You will benefit from:
- A safe working environment.
- Competitive salaries, subsidised meals, free parking and uniform provided.
- Access to a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs, including access to study leave.
- Internal career opportunities and progression.
- Access to our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Many other employee (and family) benefits.
The below table sets out the competitive rates we have on offer for Permanent Shift-work Nurses. A further 25% loading applies to hourly rates for Casual engagement:
How to Apply:
To apply, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire below, as part of the application process. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a one-page cover letter and current resume.
Please note; it is mandatory for all our Health Services staff to have had both Covid-19 vaccinations, to work at the Junee Correctional Centre (you will be asked to attach your evidence to your application).
To obtain further information about the application and recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To find out more about this role and your suitability, please contact our Health Services Manager, Erin Godwin on (02) 5905 6483.
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Closing Date for Applications – Sunday 2nd April 2023 at Midnight (extended)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply