Remote Area Nurse
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation
- Join one of the largest Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations in the NT and provide your expertise while experiencing living and working where the tropics meet the bush.
- Earn up to $175,000 p.a. PLUS salary packaging options that can increase your take-home pay significantly!
- Relocation assistance + subsidised housing available for candidates looking to make this picturesque region their new home.
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation.
Our health centres service nine communities spread over 45,000 square kilometres in the Roper River region. The Sunrise footprint covers Aboriginal communities that have some of the most untouched beautiful landscapes to explore where the locals are welcoming and ready to share their culture.
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation has a number of exciting opportunities for Registered Nursesand RN’s with Midwifery qualifications, to join their dedicated teams in remote communities within the Roper River Region, NT.
This is an incredibly rewarding opportunity to work with an organisation that’s building remote Aboriginal communities’ capacities to improve their health and wellbeing.
Highly attractive salary packages on offer up to circa $175,000(dependent on experience).
You will also receive a range of additional generous benefits, including:
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Paid Study Leaveavailable so you can broaden your horizons and upskill during your time with us;
- Post Graduate allowance where applicable;
- Subsidised modern accommodationto help you make the region your new home
- Salary packaging optionsthat increase your take home pay significantly, per FBT year;
- FOIL payment and travel days
- Full support within a dedicated health team; and
- Relocation assistance and repatriation availabledependent on length of contract.
Working at Sunrise Health and living in the Roper River region has lifestyle benefits unique to the Northern Territory. With an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, combined with some of the best fishing in the world, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life’s adventures.
Your Next Opportunity:
As our next Remote Area Nurse, you will have the opportunity to work with other health care professionals, both internally and externally to achieve positive outcomes in overall levels of health and well-being in the community.
Some of your key responsibilities and performance indicators will include:
- Working collaboratively with a dedicated team to provide primary health care, acute care and accident and emergency care, as required;
- Treating acute illness and chronic medical conditions, and completing computerised recalls and patient follow-up care;
- Ensuring that programmed outstation visits are completed, and health checks/screenings are completed as required;
- Assessment and referral of social welfare issues;
- Providing direction, guidance, training, and support for Aboriginal Health Workers in their everyday work; and
- Day to day administration of clinical activities.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
To be considered for these positions, you must hold a current practising certificateand be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a registered nurse and/or midwife. Broad primary health care experience and advanced clinical skills are essential, and candidates must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of primary health care principles and their application in a remote Aboriginal community setting.
Sunrise is seeking adaptable and flexible individuals who can display the initiative, discretion and cultural sensitivity needed to support and drive the organisation’s objectives and values. You must be able to communicate and participate effectively within a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary health team.
Candidates who are open to change, passionate about Aboriginal health, comfortable living in a remote environment and who are willing to learn the ways of Aboriginal people will be best suited to this position.The ability to work under Aboriginal management and control will be highly regarded. You’ll enjoy a varied role where no two days are the same, so resourceful and creative candidates who are seeking a rewarding role will be highly regarded.
The successful candidates must be willing to undergo a Working with Children Check or hold a current Ochre Card, a manual driver’s licence, national police check, and a vaccination status that is eligible to work with vulnerable people is required for this position.
About the Area:
The Big Rivers region (a 3-hour drive from Darwin) begins south of Kakadu National Park encompassing Pine Creek, then extends over 500km south to Kalkaringi and stretches across the width of the Territory between the Western Australia and Queensland borders. The region is significant in scale, covering over 360,000 square kilometres and accounting for an area greater than that covered by Germany. The region consists of several varied natural environments including vast rivers, tropical forests, rocky escarpments and savannah plains.
While the region is highly valued for its natural, cultural, and history and heritage attractions, there are opportunities to strengthen the tourism industry and further develop the quantity and quality of tourism products in the region.
Comparative advantages for the region include:
- Drive tourism with its central location and road connections between Queensland, Western Australia, and the north and south of the Territory
- The quality, quantity and diversity of the natural attractions in the region, including eight national parks or reserves and five main river systems
- Authentic Aboriginal cultural attractions and experiences, including Aboriginal cultural festivals
- Historical and heritage experiences
- The warmth and hospitality of the people within the region.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: $107,231.00 – $116,000.00 per year
- Housing provided
- Relocation assistance
- Salary packaging
- Monday to Friday
- Community health centre
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Katherine NT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- AHPRA registration (Required)
- Acceptable COVID vaccination status (Required)
- Right to work in Australia (Required)
- Criminal history check (no greater than 3 months old) (Required)
- NT Ochre Card or willing to obtain (Required)
- Unrestricted manual driver licence (Required)
- Australia (Required)