Technology Lawyer - Office of General Counsel
KPMG Australia Careers
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercially focused, technology lawyer to join our growing in-house legal team, the Office of General Counsel (OGC).
The OGC deals with the structuring, review, drafting, and negotiation of a variety of corporate and commercial arrangements to support the growing KPMG business. Our OGC team has access to some of the world’s leading subject matter experts on key issues such as regulation, audit, tax and international transactions, with a strong focus on inclusive collaboration for success.
KPMG is embracing technology to transform and enhance our client service offerings in areas such as artificial intelligence, data and analytics, virtual reality, cybersecurity, quantum computing and blockchain. We also collaborate with major technology vendors to provide innovative client solutions on significant technology projects.
Working within an inclusive and supportive culture, the role reports to the OGC’s Head of IP & Technology. You will advise all areas of KPMG’s business, including working directly with the General Counsel and other senior executives and stakeholders. You will be operating in an area of real growth and innovation, with the opportunity to independently develop your network throughout KPMG and be highly-visible on business initiatives that are at the forefront of our rapid expansion in the technology space.
This role will play a key role in transforming and enhancing our client service offerings by:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating IT and IT-related agreements, including master technology services agreements, technology procurement, implementation, licensing, SaaS, managed services and outsourcing agreements
- Working closely with client engagement teams, as well as our Risk Management, Privacy and IT Security teams
- Providing legal guidance in relation to KPMG’s rapidly growing and evolving technology solutions and digital service offerings
- Advising on the structuring of and responses to tenders for the provision of technology services.
How are you extraordinary?
You are passionate about the importance of fantastic communication to share ideas, inspire, and create change. You are able to digest, distil and communicate complex concepts in both written and verbal forms.
You actively seek out opportunities for growth, are comfortable challenging the status quo, and enjoy getting out of your comfort zone.
You resonate with our values and are excited to contribute to our culture of integrity, excellence and collaboration.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience must include:
- A current practicing certificate
- Specific experience in advising on technology contracts and technology-related matters, including those areas listed above
- Strong drafting, negotiating, written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed commercial acumen to overlay the legal analysis
- Project management, research, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal clients at all levels
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. We partner with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change, drive disruption, and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.