Camvet has been an integral part of our local community for many years. In that time, we’ve helped thousands of our clients cats & dogs, rabbits & guinea pigs, birds, horses, snakes lizards and plenty of local fawna. Being so strongly integrated with our local community is important to us and our clients. Our customers know by experience that they can rely on us for sound advice and treatment options and that their pet is in the very best hands with our team.
We offer a full range of services, from vaccinations and home visits to routine surgeries such as desexing and dentals, including horse dentals. We also have the latest in-house laboratory and both mobile and in-house digital x-ray facilities. Try out our luxury cat boarding facility or pamper your pet with our grooming services.
We are currently looking for a motivated and vibrant full-time vet nurse to join our team. We are a team of 10 nurses supporting 5 vets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Animal care, handling, and hospital treatments.
- Maintaining hospital hygiene and cleanliness of surgical areas and equipment.
- Assisting with anaesthetics, surgery, and patient monitoring.
- Pre- and post-operative patient care.
- General nursing, blood collection and laboratory sample processing.
- Reception duties, delivering excellent care to patients and owners.
Our ideal candidate
- Holds a Cert IV Veterinary Nursing (experienced or newly qualified).
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to a range of people
- Motivated, positive, can-do attitude
- An ability to be rostered for emergencies/after hours
- Will flourish working as part of a supportive and welcoming team
What is on offer:
- Wages in line with qualifications
- A team that values friendship, challenge, support, fun, diversity, and satisfaction
- We look after our team and value everyone’s professionalism, integrity, and love of animals.
- Permanent and secure full-time position offering 38hrs per week
- Mental Health & Wellbeing are a priority, and we understand that work life balance is vital. Vets Central are accredited in being recognised as a ‘Skilled Mental Health First Aid®’ workplace
- Flare HR Perks & discounts on everyday expenses including groceries, electronics, entertainment, fuel, restaurants, fashion brands and more
- Commitment to your career development through skill-sharing and regular performance reviews
Please apply to register your interest, for further information email: [email protected] and we will be in contact.